Sunday, July 4, 2010

Land of the free because of the BRAVE!

I am such a sucker for this time of year. I think so often we take for granted this country that we live in. I mean, I know I do sometimes. My father and brother (Jeremy) were both Marines who served this country. My dad was in Nam, and here we are, decades later, and you can still see his eyes well up with tears to think about those days. He cries for his buddies lost, and his men he led. They were all family to him.
And Jeremy lost one of his best friends to a road side bomb in Iraq. Seeing the look on his face every time Allen's name is mentioned shows just how close they were.

I say all this to say this... We have men and women over seas fighting for us daily... they risk not only their lives, but also the lives of their friends. Losing a friend over there is just as bad as losing a family member here.

For me, it is so important to say "thanks" to every man and woman serving that I see. How hard is it to just say "thanks" as they walk by? This is the time of year we are reminded just how lucky we are, but for men and women who serve, this time of year is spent thinking about their loved ones lost. So please, take time to write a letter, to say "thanks" and send a prayer out to those loved and lost, and those living through what they saw over there.

I am so thankful to my dear friends and family serving, you are truly courageous! I hope you all know just how appreciated you are.

GOD BLESS THIS COUNTRY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment